VPS is an alternative when choosing a web hosting, as your resource or bandwidth needs to grow. You may need one, therefore, we will try to explain in detail, its benefits and disadvantages.
What is a VPS?
A virtual private server is a logical partition that has its operating system, disk space and bandwidth, in addition to IPon a physical server in a Datacenter. It is an intermediate option when shared hosting is not enough, but a dedicated one is also not convenient, either because of costs or resources.
Anyone who work from home with site development knows that the virtual server has several benefits. However, a common difficulty among professionals is to identify for which type of client this service is recommended. For this reason, we are going to describe the main advantages of the virtual server and how to take advantage of it, so that the solution does not become expensive for your client or company.
Who Needs A VPS?
- Commercial websites with thousands of visits
- Blogs, content portals, online shops with a lot of traffic
- Video or musicsites
AdvantagesOf A VPS
- It is cheaper than a dedicated server and has more power than a shared one
- You can optimize your VPS services (บริการ vpn, which is the term in Thai) to improve the performance of your projects
- You have more control over your server
- You have the same technical support as shared hosting, or you can use a sysadmin to help and optimize you.
- The power and configuration help to improve the services you offer
Disadvantages of a VPS
- It is more expensive than shared hosting
- You must learn more details of configuration, operating systems or how to manage services from a console.